The Cost of Compressed Air: What are the Lifetime Costs of a Compressor?
Whether you use your air compressor for woodcarving, bottling, manufacturing consumables, compressed air plays a critical role in your business. It is undeniable that compressed air is valuable source to your applications.
Below are a few examples illustrating just how much compressed air really is worth, and how you can get the most of it.
- Shutdown your system during non-production hours: By leaving your system on, you’ll be wasting large amounts of compressed air. Is your business only running on the weekdays? Turn it off nights and weekends. Just like you turn the lights off when you leave the room, you should turn your machine off when you don’t need it. If you have leaks in your system, leaving a compressor running is only wasting energy, air and money.
- Compressed air is 8-times more expensive than electricity: It takes a large amount of energy to compress air and most of that energy disperses as heat. Do not waste that heat! With a heat recovery system, you will stretch your energy further and reclaim that heat.
- Keep Energy consumption cost in mind: Think the only expense with an air compressor is the cost of the machine- Think again. Energy consumption is the largest factor on how much you spend on your air compressor. Ensuring your machine is operating as efficiently as possible will ensure your energy costs are in check.
- Drop in pressure reduces energy consumption: Make sure you are using only the necessary pressure for your application. It can be enticing to assume that a higher pressure is better, but that is not necessarily the case.
- Reduced operating pressure also affects the leakage rate. The higher the pressure, the more air is forced out through small (or worse, large) leaks. Make sure your pressure is at the lowest possible operating pressure for your system and check your system for leaks monthly to keep operating costs as low as possible.
Compressed air is invaluable to many industrial processes, but without proper attention and maintenance, it can be costly. For questions, please contact Chicago Pneumatic tech support or reach out to your local distributor today.
Whether you have questions about which compressor is right for you, or if you’re ready to improve your operations and start saving on expenses. Chicago Pneumatic has been around for over 100 years because we offer reliable and hardworking air compressors, as well as expert advice and support.
10 octobre, 2017
Afin d'obtenir les meilleurs résultats pour la peinture de carrosserie de véhicule, un air propre et sec est requis. Découvrez comment optimiser votre approvisionnement en air afin d'obtenir les meilleurs résultats
19 octobre, 2017
Découvrez comment dimensionner un compresseur à pistons en fonction de vos besoins.
L'air comprimé joue un rôle essentiel dans les brasseries petites et grandes du monde entier. Du début à la fin, tous les détails du processus de préparation du café sont gérés en détail et le fait d'avoir le compresseur d'air approprié ne fait pas exception.