Each kW of compressed air is 7-8 times more expensive than a kW of electricity. Chicago Pneumatic set up a service with the objective to identify and quantify energy & cost savings with respect to generation of compressed air.
- Most compressor installations run at too high pressure (most end uses are designed to operate between 80-125 psig)
- Every 1 bar/14.5 PSI drop in pressure output, reduces energy consumption by around 7%
- Most compressor systems are not shutdown during non production hours, wasting huge amounts of compressed air to leakages
- Most multiple compressor systems do not have central controller to anticipate fluctuations in air demand
- In most compressor systems no Variable Speed compressor is installed to anticipate fluctuations in air demand
The V(ariable) S(peed) D(drive) regulating system offers the capability to match perfectly compressor capacity to air demand.
iiTRAK a service for our customers with the objective to identify and quantify energy & cost savings with respect to generation of compressed air.
Residual energy from oil injected screw compressors can be reused for other processes that require heated water. This means a significant reduction of your energy cost.